According to TheCable, the Nigerian military has stated that it will repeat the same action it took at the Lekki tollbooth if this situation arises again.
Soldiers had forcibly dispersed #EndSARS protesters who converged on the tollbooth for 13 days.
The incident had sparked outrage, inside and outside the country.
The army had claimed that blank bullets were used to disperse protesters in the streets during the time the Lagos state government imposed a curfew.
When he appeared before the panel created to investigate the incident on Saturday, Ibrahim Taiwo, Commander of Military Intelligence, Division 81 of the Nigerian Army, said that under the same circumstance, the army would act in a similar way to that of October 20. 2020.
Taiwo had previously explained that phase four of the military internal security operation, which was deployed at the Lekki tollbooth on the night of October 20, 2020, involved the use of live and blank ammunition.
“A part of the force will carry real bullets, in case they are attacked. But the soldiers who made up the shooting team, who fired, used blank bullets. And that’s why you watched the video and saw exactly what happened. “ he had said while being questioned by Olumide Fusika, a senior Nigerian defender (SAN).